View Single Post
      10-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: n54

Well just when you think it wouldn't get worse...

So I've been procrastinating with writing this post but I finally found some down time.

So back on Aug 16th I took a summer Friday and left midtown Manhattan at 1:30. This would end up being my longest commute ever. After taking an hr and half to travel a few avenues just to get to the entrance of the the midtown tunnel I found that it was closed coming from my direction. Unwilling to pop u-turn and jump into another line to get to the mid town tunnel I decided to try the Queens borough bridge.

This turned out to be even worse. Little did I know but at the time there was a truck fire on bridge which was causing this commute from hell. I literally sat in traffic for another hour just to turn around.

On the bright side it was a nice day, and while I was waiting for traffic to move I had quite a few thumbs ups from fellow drivers. At one point a group of mothers were walking with their kids and they stopped to stare in awe. One of the mothers politely shouted, "He loves your car!!", pointy to her son.

After a bit of an ego boost I finally made it to moving traffic on the westside and made my way to the lower east side to hop on the Williamsburg bridge. My free sailing was short lived as I ran into more gridlock.

This time I tried my luck, and ended up taking local roads all the way from Brooklyn to Floral Park, Long Island.

So remember I mentioned leaving at 1:30? I got to my area, about a mile from my house around 545!! Mind you on a regular summer Friday this would be a 20-30 min commute.

So here it goes. About a mile from my house and I say to my self, hmmm maybe I should get a car wash before I go out tonight.

On the way to the car wash, about 1/2 mile from my house, An elderly driver facing the opposite direction decides he would rather pull out in front of me to make the light instead of waiting for oncoming traffic to pass.

So here are some pics of the aftermath...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0