Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Sales are saying otherwise.
I think that issue is simple and has nothing to do with the looks of the car, which may be the best looking car in BMW's lineup as far as pure design asthetics go:

1) two seats;
2) soft economy since release;
3) $55k - $70k for two seats;
4) $55k - $70k for two seats in a soft economy
. . . . . .

it is just pricey and not practical with the "new" economy. for goodness sake, you can buy a nice X5 35D for that price . . . so when you are at a BMW dealer it is really hard to justify the purchase when a nice 5 series or X5 can be had for the same price.

this is our third car . . . we call it our date car and not too many people have that option - hell, even we probably should not have done it but the ED was incredible
----------------------------------------

Do you think someone shopping the Z would consider a 5 series or X5 just because they are "more car" for the money? I'm 37, no kids. I drive my Z all year long in Chicago. It is extremely practical for parking in the city and driving along the lake with the top down can't be beat. Why would I want a bloated sedan or, worse, an SUV? (I'm hoping they come through with a RWD Z2 so that I can have an even smaller car.)

You can't put a price on aesthetics or sex appeal, and the 5 series--even the M5--does not stir anything in me.
Appreciate 0