Quote:
Originally Posted by rogm View Post
very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauroavella View Post
awesome, next time I'll do the ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunkung View Post
VERY NICEE!!!! I really wish I can have a chance to do some ED sometime in the future. Your car also looks amazing!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogijet View Post
Awesome. Thanks for sharing and congratulations!
Thank you, guys! I really appreciate all the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
I just left Germany after 9 years and now living in Texas. Those pictures bring a lot of good memories. Thanks for posting.
No problem! I loved Germany … it seems like a great place to live! It must have been hard to adjust to the driving speeds in the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerillaw View Post
Not much to add but wanted to thank you for the awesome post.
Its wonderful shares like this that make sifting through the trolls and other forum swill worth it!
No problem! I wanted to share the trip with you guys and I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick123 View Post
Your car looks beautiful. I've always wanted to drive a Z4 and see how it compares to my s2000
Thank you! One of my good friends used to have an S2000, so I have had some seat-time in one … the Z4 is much more powerful (in 35i and 35is trims), less focused (not as sharp/and not as light), but much easier to live with (much more space (I’m 6’3”), more comfort features, etc.). Take a trip to your local dealer and take one for a spin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbow View Post
Great write up.......

Hopfully going on factory tour with GB car club next year!

Just got Z4 35i last week
Thanks! It would be great to tour the Z4 factory … enjoy your new ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Rac10000

+1 everyone should make this trip it is something to remember, I did it in 2009 except I also included the VW Glass Factory in Dresden it was a trip to remember. Naturally I had to leave the wife at home since it was a strictly a boys trip

Rac10000, thanks for sharing your experience your car looks gorges and I hope you have many problem free travel days with her ... Happy Trails
Thanks, Rolf! It was a boys trip for me as well … I don’t think the GF would have been too thrilled with the constant automotive activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
Rac,
congrats man! awesome write-up!

got a stupid question to ask. does the car come with floormats when u pick it up?

i'm doing the ED in about 45 days, same car, for the wife. can't wait!
Thank you! It does! I almost couldn’t believe it … they are Z4 35is specific mats … my X6 did not come with floor mats when I picked it up at the Performance Center last year.

You’re going to have a blast on your Euro Delivery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOOF View Post
That reminds me i wanted to ask that, cause mine didnt

I cant believe that a $67k doesnt come with floormats.
Yea, I am not sure how they decide which models get mats and which don’t … 2011 X6 get no mats … 2011 Z4 get mats …. Who knows??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
You paid 67k for your car? You didn't get a discount? Man you were hosed.
I am assuming he was referring to the MSRP, not the price he paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Awesome trip. I love the color. Pics look wonderfull. I can't wait to do my euro delivery in a few years with my son. He is only 5 now and I plan to do it when he is 10-11. Bes of luck with the beast.
Thanks! I am really happy with the color … it suits the car very well and when paired with the interior really makes the whole car come together.

A Euro Delivery with your son would be a great experience for the both of you … waiting another 5-6 years until he can appreciate it is a good idea!

Last edited by Rac10000; 08-08-2011 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0