03-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #15
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKZTT View Post
I just put on new wheels and PSS. I spin my wheels in 1st from a stop if I step on it a bit, not even flooring it and when I'm cruising around 40 and step the pedal maybe half way, it spins too. Driving done on good roads.
I never step on mine from a stop because I worry about the clutch

Other than that, I think your PSS tires will reach their optimum performance only after they have been broken in properly. Also the temperature makes a big difference. Make sure your tire pressure is correct as well. Other than that, putting on wider tires seems like the cheapest solution. With all the mods you have listed, you ought to target M5 size tires. But maybe you are already close?

In my view, you only need an LSD if want to spend lots of time spinning the wheels and going sideways. But you just have to realize there is a reason the LSDs are electronic in M cars...

Anyway, in my dreams, my Zed looses its roof entirely to save weight and wears 9J rear wheels with 245 all-weather tires and an LSD. In that dream there would also be a track where I can spend all day drifting near my home.
Appreciate 0