View Single Post
      04-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #4
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

If the roar depends on your road speed and not the engine speed then I would not be too concerned. Try revving the engine a bit while in N. Is it still there? In the end, the only thing you can do is to visually check if no new leaking has started.

Did they replace the DCT oil after each repair on yours, or did they just put the old oil back in? If the oil is new, and there is no leaking, then the only two "repair" options left are 1) reprogramming and 2) to have the entire transmission replaced. This is because you already had both gaskets replaced just like I did.

After my leaks were repaired one "abnormal" noise definitely disappeared: a tiny ticking noise before each gear change. It was only audible when the transmission was fully warmed up. Now it is completely gone. I never had any roars before or after, but I still have a tiny whining noise around 1500rpm when the car is fully warmed up and then some (ie +20kms of driving). I guess it is the turbos, but I don't know. Time will tell haha.

From the DCT, the only sounds I have left now, which are worth mentioning, are those BMWZ4RIDER describes.
Appreciate 0