Rampant
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '18 SMB M3; '09 gen1.5 997 T

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
The ironic thing is that F1 supposedly has the "best" drivers in the world, but we've seen this over and over again when they get into a heated, close, wheel-to-wheel battle, they end up crashing (Force India and Red Bull).

This close racing is the norm in Indy Car, but the number of accidents isn't anywhere near as high.

I'm thinking it's part of the aero for F1 that is causing the issues. Once Daniel got too close to Max - the aero over his front wing was compromised and he lost a lot of downforce on his front wing. When he hit the brakes, the tires didn't have the grip they should have had and the braking was no where near where it should have been. Hence, he drove into the back of Max.

The new rules should hopefully sort this out. It'd be nice to see quicker cars actually have a chance to pass other cars without all the headaches of loss of aero.

I totally disagree with your assessment that "Daniel drove into the back of Max"

In reality, it was Max who foolishly positioned himself in front of a faster car leaving it nowhere to go but into the back of him.

People have short memories. Where did the "2 move" rule come from?

It came about as a direct consequence to Max's immature F1 racing a few seasons ago. The 2-move rule is the Max rule.

I like watching Max race. A lot. Right up until the point where he loses his cool and goes native. If the rules cannot curb his over-exuberant enthusiasm I am deeply afraid that in future it might cost another driver his life.

Yours Aye

Mark H