View Single Post
      09-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #114
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Milpitas is getting super crowded now with all the new developments and Bart being built. I don't like Milpitas at all. I live right there as well and traffic is terrible.
Wife and I waited about 2yrs too long to buy, due to not being married, not having quite 20% DP, and feeling like things were expensive. Well guess what? We got priced out of Mtn View/Sunnyvale one year, then Santa Clara the next. Big mistake.

Finally got the nerve to bite the bullet last year even though we knew the market was hot (at least interest rates are low) and luckily has paid off so far. The commute is not good for her (Mtn View, about 45-50min each way to go 15mi) but good for me and we love our townhouse. The area is okay - certainly not the idyllic NorCal town but good schools, fairly safe, and good Asian food After tax advantages and principal paydowns, we're paying about the same for our new 3/3 townhouse as we were for an old 1-bd apartment in Sunnyvale.

But yeah, local traffic is bad, and I'm afraid it will get much worse. We wait 5-10min just to get onto Montague Expressway each morning, though I have a back way I can take. Hopefully we can live here long enough to see the area development happen and then bounce with a healthy gain. The problem is, anywhere we bounce to is going to cost 50%++ for the same home and worse schools.
Appreciate 0