09-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux good View Post
Has anyone else had a problem with their wheel nuts going rusty? I've just come back from my dealer who has changed my nuts as 'a gesture of goodwill' however they won't change the locking nuts!! Also, of the ones they have replaced half of them are second hand!! They are saying it's my own fault for using wheel cleaner, and i should only use soapy water....i've got the multispokes and i'd like to see them clean those with 'soapy water'!!
This has really pissed me off.....shocking customer service from BMW!!

Zed 4 BMW Customer Service
Here, print the following sentence off and show it to them: I've been using wheel cleaner on the car's wheels and lug nuts for 14 months now, and NO RUST.
So, it's not the wheel cleaner.

Did they ask you if you use wheel cleaner or did they just assume it, since it is convenient for them to place blame on it?

If you've used wheel cleaner then show them my response above.

Also, you may want to review the owners manual first, and if there is NO warning about using wheel cleaner, then ask them to point to you the exact page in the owners manual that says not to use wheel cleaner!!!!!!!!!! That oughta' be fun for them, because they will look and look and not find it. Then your next question is: " ...and soooo, why would it be MY fault?"

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 09-21-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0