Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Mine was maybe $300 bucks here, but roads are shit (paid another $1000 to fix my wheels and tires), education after school cost ton of money, and I don't even have medical insurance. I think in many EU country all this stuff is free, no?

I'd love to move to France or Italy.....
My medical insurance is about €1300/yr. And it doesn't cover nearly everything. And you still have to pay small amounts for things that are "covered". Free doesn't exist :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
I "moved" to the US a few times as a UK national, it really is very very hard to get a green card as a European, so I assume you have an O1 visa or fiancee lined up - good luck converting an h1b without a lot of patience

Luckily for me I eventually qualified for the O1 so a EB1 conversion was pretty straight forward, but even that's much harder now.

I would never dream of moving back, I make far more money, pay very little tax and everything important is much cheaper here.

Butthurt Americans talking about leaving here because their political sports team lost really are massively spolied children but if the part time Starbucks baristas could be swapped for Indian, asian or european high skillworkers that would be great!
Yeah, I've heard stories about getting a green card. A process that can easily take years from what I understand. The company I work for is getting me to move to the US on the basis of an L1 visa. They have a blanket petition, so they're familiar with the process.

That was one of the advantages of moving to the US. My US salary after taxes is significantly more pleasant to look at than my Euro salary. Not too mention BMW's are much cheaper in the states

Happy to hear the move to the US worked out for you.

Honestly, the only thing that bothers me is that all my family and friends will still be in the Netherlands and Belgium. That's going to be a bitch to cope with, I guess.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
Appreciate 1