04-25-2017, 10:37 AM   #11
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Did you set up the secondary sensor? I was wondering because my feeling is that it would just make the bottom floor colder in order to make the top floor colder as well. It might make it to cold downstairs.
Yes I actually have 3 sensors. You can tell it which sensor to use during certain parts of the schedule. So for example my office gets very hot during the day because it has windows. So during the day when I'm working I set it to use that sensor. Yes the rest of the house is colder than my office, but I don't care because I'm in the office during the day 90% of the time. At night I have it go off the living room sensor since that is usually where we are and at bed time it goes off the bedroom sensor to make sure its nice and cold. This works for us especially since our actual thermostat is in a hallway not around any of the areas we usually hang out in so going off that temp is pointless.

Also the sensors have a motion sensors so you could tell it to just automatically choose the sensor based on motion, but if you have people on both floors then I'm not really sure what it will do.
Appreciate 0