02-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
taYab
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '06 E60 '09 E89 '14 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
The unlimited top speed of the 3.5i & 3.5is is much higher than the 2.3 or 3.0. The larger swept area of the 3.5 brake is the designers concession to this fact. Even though the 3.0,3.5i & 3.5is are electronically limited to 155 mph the engineers, lawyers, and corporate officers do not want to be held liable for a underdesigned safety systems.

When comparing the stock calipers to the performance calipers one of the key things to remember is the active liquid piston area of the caliper. Since in the case of the E9X performance brake kits - which consist of rotors, calipers, & pads (no master cylinder). The performance caliper liquid piston area must be near equivalent to the stock caliper piston area or a master cylinder with a larger piston would be required. So BMW sells this kit for that particular model because they know the effective piston areas of the mater cylinder and the performance or stock calipers are equivalent.

Don't you think if this was a simple "Plug and Play" installation to use the E90X kit on the E89 that BMW would jump at the chance to make an easy buck. Obviously people have installed the E9X performance frt kits on the E89 and it stops the car. Do you want to risk your life on this "word of mouth - it fits and stops the car" at 100+ mph? Not me, I'll wait till BMW or aftermarket release proper engineered components.
As far as front rotor and brakes, e92 and ours share same parts number which is safe to say it's almost PnP.
It is also true that it has not been confirmed by BMW.
But, I don't think BMW is going to release performance bbk for our cars because of lack of interests according to BMW at least.
Appreciate 0