View Single Post
      07-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
H-Doc
BMWCCA Member #434186
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive35is

Opening trunk/boot

Ok, I'm getting a little frustrated with my Z this morning... so I'm going to turn to you with more long-term experience with the E89 to see if I'm off base here.

In my E85, you had to use the key remote to open the trunk if the car was locked, or unlock it and use the button in the footwell on the driver's side. If the car was unlocked, I could just use the footwell button and the trunk would open.

This morning, I was getting ready to head out to the gym when I realized my workout shoes were in my duffel in the trunk. The car was not only unlocked, but the top was open as it has been sitting in my garage overnight. So I go around back and press the roundel- nothing. I reach in to the footwell and hit the "open trunk" button, and still nothing. I actually had to go up to the 8th floor to my bedroom to get my keys, come all the way down, and open it with the keyfob to get into the darn trunk! (Ok, I only live in a two story house, but I didn't want to sound like too much of a wuss...)

I couldn't find anything via forum search, and the manual doesn't describe this behaviour. It seems like the roundel SHOULD open the trunk if the car if unlocked... I know the central locking doesn't engage, as the armrest and doors remain unlocked.

So I'm just curious if this is the way it works for everybody. It has happened on multiple occasions that I've been unable to get in the trunk of my unlocked vehicle, and it seems like maybe I'm missing something.

2011 E89 Z4 sDrive35is
2005 E85 Z4 Roadster 2.5i (Retired)
Appreciate 0