View Single Post
      12-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #12
Iwejun
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe, 2009 Z4 3.0i

Just got done having my wife's' 09 with the same issue as OP, first time total cost was right at $1600 at dealer, my independent wouldn't touch it. Just last week only a month or so from the "fix" it starts acting up so thinking it might have a bubble in hydraulic we send it back in only to find *important* that it was the window sensor malfunctioning telling the roof mechanism that something was blocking so it would stop about halfway. Sound familiar? A lot cheaper than a wiring harness or a pump leak. I wouldn't be so down on them but we told them to check the starter because of sluggish starting only to be told it was the aftermarket battery that was at fault. Guess what, they put their battery in only to find same problem so they revert to it's the starter going argument which it probably is. But do you think you might check this out before declaring it the battery only to find you're wrong and chase another tail for an answer. God, who do they hire at their shrine of customer service?
Appreciate 0