Thread: Jaguar F-Type
View Single Post
      03-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Jaguar F-Type

Had an enjoyable day at the Jaguar Driving experience today up in the LA area (Carson). Drove the line of Jags including the F type with the 340 HP V6 and the 490hp, both supercharged. Lots of get up and go for sure in the V8 490hp, but it felt a lot heavier on the front end versus the V6 than the +150lbs (3671 lbs) advertised. The F-Type V8 S starts at 75K so your easily talking $90K. It has limited numbers and exclusivity going for it, but for that kind of money I'd by a C7 Vette. Not really much you can learn about a car in a short autocross type lap. Nice set of brakes on the car that do make the Z4 brakes pale in comparison. They had one in British Flag Livery, which was a nice touch. The interior materials seemed a bit nicer than the Z4. It's a nice looking car. The Jaguar personnel made a big deal about the 7 Cu Ft of truck space - in reality the trunk space of the F-Type makes the Z4 trunk spacious in comparison. An equally equipped F Type MSRP priced out at about $79K or $15K more my Z4 so I would expect some upgrades, brakes, differential, & interior materials.

They had a coupe version on site but not for driving.

Besides the driving, one of the coolest things about the event was that Robert Guerrero (ex F1, CART, & IRL driver) was part of the Jaguar event team.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0