United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
[QUOTE=Vert335i;11845117]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfx45 View Post
Maintenance on the paint is actually easier than glossy paint.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11007142...agreement-from

"maintenance" is not to be confused with vanity. We wash, wax, clay bar to make the car look better. Glossy paint can go days or months with out getting a car wash worst case I can cut the clear coat. I don't think I ever pulled my car over to wipe off bugs or tree sap on the spot. with this there are some "must do" clause. Thats not easier.
Who says this cars can't go days or months w/o a wash? If I were buying this car, I'd certainly make sure it isn't parked outside overnight, it has to be parked inside the garage.

To me, it seems more hassle free. I don't pull over to clean bird crap right away but I do it right away when I get to my destination anyways. It doesn't have to be wiped on the spot, stop exaggerating. I always have a spray detailer and microfiber cloth in the trunk, when I get to the parking lot at work or at a grocery store, when I see something like bird crap or pollen, I wipe it off right away. Again I have a black car and there is nothing that can be more difficult keeping it spotless and swirl free (practically impossible). So to me, not having to polish, clay and wax and just wash and dry the car is a breeze in comparison. I never bring my car to an automatic car wash either so that wouldn't be a concern.

We clay, polish and wax for protection and because we see imperfections. Getting rid of those imperfections does make the car look better but if the matte paint already looks good w/o doing all that process then it is easier, just less work. Clay, polish and wax has almost become an obligation to car enthusiast and it is a lot of work.

The clauses you have to sign are insane but if you really think it through, it isn't so bad. Repairs has to be done by a BMW certified shop? If anything happens, I'll likely do that anyways so no big deal.

Last edited by rfx45; 04-27-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0