Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...ion/specs.html

Lap Times
Grattan Raceway | 2.2 miles
Audi RS5 1:28.48
Porsche Boxster S 1:29.10
BMW M3 1:30.05
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG 1:30.06

I hate to magazine race but here's an interesting data point from automobile mag. Audi RS5 got better lap times than boxster s, m3 and c63

Interesting aside is their comment that Boxster S was the only one that could go all day.
That is interesting. I was not aware of how fast the RS5 is, so thanks for updating me. It seems that the advanced 4-wheel-drive system is able to compensate for its weight.

Anyway, by race car I also mean if the brakes, tires, suspension, cooling/oil system and so on is built for track use. For example, a Z4 may be as fast as an M3 convertible on the first lap, but after 20 laps it wont be (due to overheating)...

For those of you not updated on the RS5, here is a quick quote from wiki: [..] the 2011 Audi RS5's engine is unique, [..], as it is actually based upon Audi's 5.2 FSI V10 (found in [..] Audi R8) with two cylinders removed. Transmission is via a 7-speed "S tronic" dual clutch semi-automatic.

The RS5 weighs 1,800 kg (3,968 lb), with 56.3 percent at the front and 43.7 in the rear which makes it prone to understeer, however Audi has added two electro-mechanical systems to counter its nose-heaviness. The stability-control system attempts to stop front-end plow before it happens by squeezing the brakes on the inside wheels which effectively drag those tires enough to pull the car into the corner. The RS5 also has an active rear differential that can apportion power between the rear wheels to create a similar effect, or even oversteer; in normal conditions, quattro all-wheel drive delivers 60 percent of the engine’s torque rearward and rising to as much as 85 percent depending on conditions.
Appreciate 0