View Single Post
      02-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

FYI - for those of you nearing tire replacement decision soon.

I was reading the Feb 12 BMWCCA Roundel with a review of the new 3er F30 328 (4 cyl TT) "Sport Line" mounted with the latest generation (3rd) Bridgestone 19" Potenza S001 RFT. The editor was pleasantly surprised at the ride and handling. Satch stated he had to get out and verify they were actually RFT's after 10 laps around the Circuit de Cataluna at a recent press launch of the new 3er.

Also the chart below showing the comparison between the RE050's, Non RFT S001 and RFT S001 in regard to sidewall stiffness. Too bad Bridgestone had to dumb down the data for the public, but it appears they have made a marked improvement in softening up the sidwall.

Since BS is now supplying these to BMW as OEM tires they should be available in a good population of sizes. Hopefully very shortly since the F30's are now available for sale. So for those of you who embrace the RFT technology, help may have finally arrived.

The tire acts as a spring, absorbing the shock between a vehicle and the road surface. The index expresses the "strength of the spring".
Test load: 1060 lbs @ Air pressure: 35 psig
* The tire vertical stiffness of conventional tires is indexed at 100. Riding comfort improves as numbers fall on the index.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0