View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #52
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Herrk - It is not a CPO. And I am not so much concerned about the creases on the seat itself, more so the fact that such a brand new car (18 miles) has those creases. Leads me to believe that it was driven for more than 18 miles, hence the rollback concern.

Asbjorn - Good point. It seems that 1,000 miles, or even 10,000 miles doesn't seem to have THAT much of a difference in terms of sale price (maybe 1-3 thousand, max). It is the year of the vehicle that effects the price point the most. However, the difference like you said, is that a 18 mile car is perceived as new which might increase resale, as opposed to a 5,000miles or 10,000 mile car in which both are driven, so the price difference due to the miles wouldn't be that much.

I would take it to a mechanic for sure (if dealer says no, big red flag and I walk) but I want to have a better idea to see if it's even worth flying out to get it inspected in the first place. I think my first clue would be to look at the tires to see if they are brand new... those run over $1,000 for all 4 and like you said, the saving of rollback probably isn't worth the cost.

Anyone have any idea as to why the first deal would auction it and not just sell it as a new car? Could this be a potential flag that there may be something wrong with it since it wouldn't sell as a new car perhaps?
Appreciate 0