View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #51
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

That drivers seat indeed looks too worn. I do not see any reason why the drivers and passengers seat would not look the same on a 16 miles car. How long does it take to drive 16 miles? 30mins? Try sitting in the passengers seat for 30 mins and see if it looks even remotely the same...

So for me two questions pop up:

1) In your country, would you expect the price of a car with 16miles to be significantly more expensive than one with say 1000 miles? I mean, would it be fair to assume that the price would have dropped significantly if the car wasn't perceived as un-driven? Would the dealer have a very strong incentive, even if it risks his reputation and that of BMWs, to roll back the odometer, even it it only had 1000 miles on it?

2) Would it be possible for you to bring you own mechanic and a camera to have the car checked for any signs of it not being un-driven? He may be able to check the brake-pads or different filters to find proof that the car was only driven 16 miles. For instance I assume the air filter must look brand new, and it could be something they forgot to "clean" after the rollback.
BTW even its hard to compare cars driven in different locations, I could offer to take a picture of my airfilter which now has 1000 miles on it if you like. I also have a picture of how it looked brand new, and how one with 24.000 miles look.
Appreciate 0