View Single Post
      11-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #16
mdskinner
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive35i (E89 2011)

Having owned a MINI Cooper S for nearly 7 years (which I loved driving, apart from the rock hard ride) I decided the time was right for an upgrade. I ordered my Z4 sDrive35i M Sport in July 2011. It's deep sea blue, with sat nav/iDrive, and I upgraded the alloys to the 19in 326's as they look a lot better in my opinion, but they ride a bit harder than the standard 18's. Just as well I asked for the suspension to be downgraded to standard from the rock hard M Sport then. It has a beige leather interior with black anthracite headlining and the seats electrically adjust. Left out most other options, except the iPod connection.

Any regrets? In hindsight I should have specced Adaptive Suspension and PDC (had a minor dent at the back, since fixed). Upgraded sound system might have been a good idea, but I have no qualms with my standard system so not sure why it gets such bad reviews in the main forum.

Issues: roof mechanism broke after 1 year, fixed under warranty (took 5 days), squeaking windows after 18 months, fixed under warranty, various rattles, some fixed under warranty, one stubborn one remains that no one can fix.

Despite all the issues it's still feels exciting to drive every time is go out in it, and live how it feels like a completely different car when the roof is down, almost like 2 cars for price of one (... Ed ok, no, but hopefully you know what I mean). And the sound out the exhausts from the turbo straight six is so nice I often have the radio off when the roof is down.

8000 miles so far and I reckon I'll hang on to it for another 4-5 years yet.
Appreciate 0