KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADZ4U View Post
Hey KennyP
Thanks again for the info. Mapping the Z4 chip will be a first....used to Carbs.
But I do have a question relating to the "Used COBB". Will the "Used Unit" hold the original mapping of that vehicle or will that be rewritten once it is connected to my Z4. Or once connected it will become virgin to the new setup.
Thanks

When you install it the very first time it downloads your original ecu data and stores it.. it also becomes married to that vehicle at that point. So you cant plug it into a second car and install it on that the second time.

Now if you want to uninstall it.. you hook it up... select uninstall...
this removes all the ecu modifications from cars ecu, takes all the original data that was stored during install and puts it back... basically it restores ecu to its original state.
When you uninstall it from the car it also unlocks from that car and is basically as if its brand new again... and it can be installed on another car with same engine... N54 in this case.

You then can go to the second car and install it.. and same process happens again... it saves ecu-s original data and installs itself, locks to that specific car..

So there isnt really any difference between new accessport and used one... If used one was uninstalled from the previous car...

Also if you want to go back to stock mapping for whatever reason.. you dont have to completely uninstall and unmarry your accessport... Accessport comes with stage 0 map aswell.. that is basically stock map...
so you can just switch to that stage 0 map and you can keep monitoring the gauges, read and delete codes and so on...

When you first time try to install it... sometimes it needs to download your ecu data first, then you send it to cobb and they will send back a new file version that works with your car based on the data downloaded from your car... and then you can install it as usual...

I had to do it when i got mine... something about the ecu version...

Even this process was easy.. accessport downloaded everything by itself... hooked it up to pc with the usb... sent the file to cobb... few hours later got new file back... loaded it up and went to install it in the car.
This can be expected as Z4 is a bit rarer model. Nothing to really be intimidated about.

Also have to mention: you dont have to keep this accessport hooked up all the time. You can do that and use it as a gauge pod but basically after install and map change you can unhook it and put it away in the glovebox...

i do keep mine always in the car in the storage compartment between the seats in the rear wall... i only occasionaly take it out and check codes and live data and sometimes reset adaptations with it. But then i put it back to where i store it again... So basically you can just set it once to your preferred map , unhook it and forget about the device.... and use the car normally as always.

Only if you set it to 93 octane fuel, then you have to remember to only fill it up with 93 oct fuel and not use 91 with it. This means if you lend it to anyone always tell them to only use 93 in it.
you can always use better fuels... like install 91 oct map and fill it with 93. No problem there..

Last edited by KennyP; 04-07-2024 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0