11-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #9
Lewis@MWDesign
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 3.5i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
My previous BMW was an 2008 m roadster and it was a blast to push to the limits! I wish this new Z4 had the same steering response like the M roadster. Sometimes when I slide around the corner on the new one I hardly notice that I had slid. Other thAn that, I really don't miss the harsh ride on long trips on the M and noisy cabin. they are both great cars just more enthusiast would prefer M. Glad I got a 6 speed manual as I notice a big difference from DCT. after coming from M roadster, I think most would prefer manual as it is more envolving/engaging.
The Z4M was definitely a blast to drive but I totally agree with you, it was a bit harsh for a daily driver or long rides unless the entire route consists of canyon type roads.

The new e89 has a few compromises in terms of the sportiness the previous gen M brought but it also brought a new level of comfort and luxury which I don't mind at all. Its pretty easy to get the car back to a sporty level that rivals the old M (suspension and ECU tuning).

DCT was smooth but it doesn't act as quick on spirited drives as a manual gearbox. Glad I stuck with the 6 speed. All it needs is a Short Shifter now...
Appreciate 0