View Single Post
      10-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #73
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
iJDM is just a ripoff that re-packages cheap Chinese eBay quality items nicely and sells them for at a premium price... and I am not basing this on just the name.

Nick - Any reason you aren't trying the specific ones from this thread?
For me, I would never get the current LUX (V4) because for $250... they flicker. Maybe when they come out with the V5 that dims like OEM, I will actually jump ship.

In regards to the $40.. if they won't budge, maybe threaten to/actually do a credit rollback? When I threatened to do a rollback with a similar company, they quickly accepted my return.
Our lights are priced at $225 now, not $250. We are workng on the flickering when you lock the car, but the reason this happens is because the lights are designed to stay at 100% brightness all the time where as most only run at 2/3 brightness normally, and 1/3 brightness when the headlights are on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
While this is true for authentic Cree, with so many sellers nowadays selling these lights, it's really hard to find authentic Cree instead of just any seller claiming they're the "brightest most up to date 5,000W Cree LEDs."

Just saying.
Thats not really true. Cree is just a brand that sells the LED's, not the angel eyes. Anyone can buy a cree LED and there are so many different locations to do so. Finding a company that can provide the correct power to the LED, and the right fixture to disipate the heat correctly- now that is the more important questions.

So may companies say 20W, 40W, or 64W, but that is not accurate. The average Cree LED is capable of being driven at around 5 watts, and if there are 4 LED that equals 20 watts. However each of the LED's are driven at a fraciton of their potential, normally under 2 watts each. When the headlights turn on they are dimmed to under 1 watt each. So a 40W brand light is really only using 4 watts per light.
Appreciate 0