03-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #22
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaron30i View Post
Sorry dude. That wasn't my intent. Most people are happy with what they have and the style of music they listen to. But I would love to see a pic of how the amp was mounted if you have any. 500watts is more than enough for a car this size. The only thing I would suggest to people is replace the mains with the focus brand speakers. The sound quality you get out of them is better than any high end factory speaker. Including boss or Harman. Those speakers are actually crap mass produced and marketed to the extreme. The are all hype. As for the subs. I like JL Audio at 1ohm. But that requires a new amp. But post your pics. Would love seeing the amp setup.
Well, you already put the thought in my head, it's too late for sorry now!

I agree most people are happy. Obviously, I wasn't happy enough hence the sub. So the stock amp is 875W and I use the 500W for the JL sub (I, too, am a JL fan). I bought and had them use Technic's harness to grab low signal and remote from the stock amp. No cutting, fully plug and play. As I stated before, it really does suck that I'm really only using 6 speakers, from an available vs. use standpoint. All that wattage wasted on 14 speakers for a 2-seater roadster so it can have surround sound that sounds like crap.

X2 on the Focals (or a number of others). I'm aware they're all mass produced off-the-shelf stuff. I think surround mode really brings out the flaws in them. Switch it back, though, and it's much different. Not spectacular, but more than tolerable to my ears.

Let me get familiar with the guide posted and I will see if I can get in there to take some pics (it was done professionally by a trusted audio shop here as I have gotten lazier as I've gotten older). If the OP takes pics and beats me to it, I'll point out the location using his pics.
Appreciate 0