No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E30-1M-M4

Garage List
1987 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
My 1st project will be to do the stabilizers, and if needed, dampers then do the springs. I'm curious why you did the spring and dampers before the stabilizers? In the US we seem the equate good handling with hard spring, but for street performance that's not necessarily true. Unless you're doing a lot of high speed driving, a more compliant suspension is better for keeping the tires on the ground and for ride comfort - IMO.

The other thing is does your z have the M Sport suspension? I've looked around and have been able to determine if Bilstein has an upgrade replacement for BMW M Sport dampers.
Since i own a tuning company my car had its power upgrade from the 1st day of delivery.The M suspension was not in my order because i wanted to make my own setup.Plus when you remove an M electric suspension you get trouble with fault messages and what is the reason to pay extra for something that you will remove.
When i got the car in Munich i drove it fast it in the autobahn.During hard acceleration the front was going up and during braking falling down.My first impression was like being in a boat.The rear by the way was fine.
When i drove the car in Greece (where the roads are not so good as in Germany)in fast cornering i had a feeling of loosing the car.This make me start the suspension mods.
With the M springs and a set of harder front dampers the car is moving in the same bad roads with much higher speeds.The moving of the front dissapeared and the fast cornering is now a new enjoy for me with a feeling of a safe driving roadster.
By the way in the high speed cornering i try on the way back home ,i reached speeds that was only possible with my DCT 08 E92 M3 with the M suspension in the sport mode.
That is the big proof of success in the handling of my Z4.
Appreciate 0