11-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #13
Roadstergal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EandS View Post
Only the back covers which were originally silver were painted.

On the subject of painting the covers to match the car's finish, we would encourage those considering it to spend a little time thinking about what's to be achieved. From our perspective, the color of the interior leather plays significantly into the consideration. In our case we thought the original silver on the back and black on the front looked incredibly tacky, and the silver contrasted way too much with the black interior we chose. That's what drove our decision. If you can, try to imagine our Crimson Red car with the rear covers painted Crimson Red - not very nice at all, at least to us. Obviously, it's all in the eye of the beholder and there's no one right answer.

Best regards,
Ed
True, Crimson Red roll bars would indeed look very tacky. In my case the regular silver really clashes with the Orion Silver. I have seen the backs of the roll bar covers painted Orion Silver on another poster's car and it looked amazing. I would never dream of painting roll bars to match the color of the car, but in my case, it is only a different shade of silver and it does look good. This is my fourth Z and I have never thought about painting the backs of the roll bar covers on any of my other Z cars. In this case the roll bar covers painted Orion Silver will do the car a world of good and not look tacky in the least, but actually looks more classy. I am a fanatic about my cars.
Appreciate 0