12-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #80
1POINT9
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z3/JCW Mini/328i NO AUTOMATICS

Response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcma View Post

1POINT9 - by making a post like this, you just pissed off all the Z4 owners...Not really smart IMHO. Z4 mafia got a hit on me now? How is this not smart? Everyone on here has an opinion. I may end up with a "Z4" but just not the first generation. It is a preference in styling, thats all. Even at that.. the refresh of the current Z4 was much nicer than the initial design but this is all IMHO.. which on this public forum, I choose to share. I am not a Z4 hater by any means.. expecially not the coupes.

I am going to reserve my judgement until I have a chance to see more photos of the new "Z4". BTW yes the model name is still Z4. [COLOR="blue"]The name change was never an issue for me personally. The Z4 is the successor to the Z3 just as this Z4 is the successor to your model.
IMHO back in 2003, BMW should have added the Z4 model to the BMW line up instead of replacing the Z3. I believe there was enough market differentiation for 2 roadster models in the line up. Basically BMW admitted that the Z4 model was a lot better than Z3 by ending the Z3 model. I could not agree more that the Z4 is a much better car than the Z3 ever was in most every way except one... STYLING. This is the ONLY reason I have never replaced my Z3 even after 10 years.

True the Chris Bangle styling is a love it or hate it thing. However, he had BMW corporate support from the top because you see Bangle styling cues through out the entire BMW line up. Again.. I agree with you. I actually like most of his work. Not sure about the new X1 though..

FWIW, I like all the BMW Z roadsters, Z1, Z3, Z8...etc.. Me too! Including the Z4. I just was not knocked out by the styling like I was with the Z3.

Also, there is no way the Z3 coupe is better looking than the Z4 coupe.
I agree here too.. Hands down! I did enjoy both though.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0