Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoky View Post
Thanks guys for the input. I am looking on ebay too for some wheels.

Quick question, if I were to by those Spot Edition f5 silver painted wheels noted above. could I change out the wheel cap to a BMW one?
Smart choice

What some people did not tell you is that A) If you have a winter wheel set there be no chance of wheel damage during tire change 2 times a year (spring and fall). and B) When you do sell your car you also can sell your winter set on e-bay or locally.

I speak from experience and here are the facts;

1) I just paid (3 weeks ago) for our family car $160.51 to make this swap from summer to winter tires. The work was done at Canadian Tires. That is not a over the top place. When I asked why is the price so much more then last spring? The answer was "you have low profile tires on your Jag X-type". I do remember last spring I had to wait until they had the special tire machine to handle the work. I guess I have to help pay for that $30K new tire machine LOL. Yes you guessed right I am going to purchase a set of Summer Wheels for the Jag.

2) When I sold my M3 I sold my winter tire set separately I got $1,200- for the set of 4 wheels with still good Michelin tires (if I would have known that the wheels would have fitted my Z4 okay I would not have sold it). The M3 winter set I sold was an original BMW winter M3 set, original cost I paid in 2005 with tax for that set was $3,450.00

I know somehow I got screwed by Canadian Tire, and will not return to them in future. I say this since BMW only charged me $81.00 to mount my winter wheels to my winter rims including new valves and balancing.

So having a winter tire/wheel set will keep you safe and you will have piece of mind when you do take your car for a spin.

Good hunting and I hope you find a set.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0