06-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Bumping this thread since it's almost time for me to change tires. What would you recommend for a good summer tire set? What should I expect to pay for a whole set and also for mounting to my rims? Thx.

My OEM fronts are still very good but my rears are almost bald...is this usually the case and what do you do w/ your nearly good front tires? Seems like such a waste.
Yes, the rear definitely go way before the fronts. I scrapped the front tires because I couldn't wait to get off RFT. Just bite the bullet. I switched to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and love them. The other tires mentioned above are all very good, but I didn't get the Contis because they're stopping production of the Extreme Contacts and didn't want to end up not able to get tire replacements in the future. Also the Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04's are very well received.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.

Last edited by jparnes1; 06-13-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0