Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
If you want a general rule of thumb broken down by type of lot I'd say:

Parking lot where you drive into lot and valet just moves the cars around and parks them $5-10

Parking garage where you enter and valet uses one of the spaces off to the side for your car but not actually put it up with everyone else $10

Anything where car storage is offsite and you're requesting "VIP" spot in front of hotel or restaurant where they normally drive the cars someplace totally different for storage $20.

That aside use your discretion for out of the ordinary situations.
I was a valet out of college. This is the most accurate guide and what I use.

In Hollywood and Downtown LA, however, there might not even be VIP parking where you can park it yourself... or there are already Ferraris, Bentlys, or McLarens taking those spots. That's when you accept the fact that your car is just a car and suck it up. TIP UP FRONT to the valet parking your car. Remember, parking your car is the most thankless job for a valet. Most people tip on the way out, not the way in. Subconsciously, the valet has less incentive to use kid gloves on your car when they are parking... unless you have already tipped them. $5 is the standard across the board for tipping on the way in IMHO.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0