View Single Post
      10-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #2
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

You 're not giving up, do you Asbjorn? I always enjoy watching your adventures, keep it up mate.

If you don't mind I have a few remarks :

1. You 're fighting the steering wheel too much. You have to reach the point when you turn sharp in, break traction with full throttle, lock the steering wheel in opposition and regulate the angle with the throttle. That means as little as possible corrections and letting the steering wheel turn itself back to you once you 'have finished one side sliding. Again you terminate this one side sliding by letting off the gas pedal completely, this will throw you sliding to the opposite side (in a figure of 8 manner). If you want to eliminate the slapper and this weight transition stay on throttle while you manually slowly straighten the steering wheel in which case keep in mind that you have to stay on throttle even a few meters after your steering wheel is straight.

2. Try to use your left hand too and never cross your hands over. Hold the st. wheel at 9-3, let it go when drifting, catch it again and make corrections from 9-3 to 12-6. If you master the letting it go it's more than enough going from 9-3 to 12-6.

3. Practice figure of 8 using 2 cones 10-12m apart for precision, this is the most important exercise once you mastered the skidpad.

It's not easy, the remarks above took me over a year to work out on dedicated track tools but it's so much fun and forgive me again if I sounded pointy, I'm still learning like you.

Have a look at wheel steering balancing in the video below mostly on 3rd gear 90-100km/h slides. The nervous correction is on 4th gear at 140km/h.

Hamann Anniversary EVO 19'' wheels for sale : http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270728
Appreciate 0