View Single Post
      03-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #25
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg618 View Post
Wow I'm pretty surprised over all the whining. If you don't want to spend the money on the car, don't, it's really that simple.

But let's be real the newest Z4 can't be compared to the previous model, no way-no how. This car is so far superior in evey aspect- engine, chasis, interior, hardtop...etc, what else do you want? Actually I'm a bity surprised with all the advances the price jump wasn't higher. Can't wait to drive one and will consider at my current lease's end.

And for the comparison with a Boxster S, please. If you prefer Porsche, there isn't anything wrong with that, but the Z4 is it's own model while the Boxster will always be the 911's and (now) Cayman's stepchild. BTW have fun taking that Porsche in for service a $500 a pop.
x100000

I can understand the disappointment though. BMW has a habit of pricing a car out of the hands of current owners. If I bought a Z for 35k today, I would probably want to buy an all new one 4yrs later for 37ish. Thats not the case. You'll end up paying about 7-10k more. Its a fact of life.