Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Wonder how much it would cost to have the rim material at the point of crack examined for porosity?
Properly more then the cost of a new wheel (then it is not the money that concerns me it is a matter of principal and safety in my mind). Once my report with my analysis has been mailed to BMW (sometime next week) I will give it some time for BMW to reply. If I receive a negative reply I will take other actions. I have a lot of resources and will call on them. Your point about porosity is well taken and will certainly be part of further tests and material analysis.

I will not take this issue lightly, you can properly imagine what my drive home was like (some additional 3000 KM) once I found out I have 2 more cracks in my passenger wheel and my rear tires had worn prematurely (see page 2 in my garage for photos). Every little bump my fear was I am loosing air pressure (like it did in the rear driver side) and my tire pressure warning light would come on. It was not a nice drive to say the least.

Thanks for your input and post, it is appreciated

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 09-04-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 0