11-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by night199uk View Post
Thats a genuine Combox you showed up above. I wonder why BMW aren't showing you the retro kit, did you see the link I posted? I wonder if it's to do with the lack of pre-wiring.

Anyway, maybe check out the E90 forums (thats where I've done most of my research), as the Z4 E89 is based on the E90 2000BN electrical system from what I understand.

Essentially even if BMW don't have an official retrofit kit for you, you can still retrofit the original OEM parts using spares, if you order the right ones. BimmerNav/BimmerTech just package up the spares for you with some harnesses that are hard to get from BMW or out of manufacture. A LOT of 3-series owners seem to have done this.

I can find a few people that have said they've done it in a Z4 E89 but can't find anyone that has pictures or documentation. Essentially no-one has done it usefully in an E89 Z4. Maybe I'll be the first. Am definitely going to do it though.
So I emailed BimmerNav and sent them my VIN#; they came back to me with an available BT system for my car; it does support the USB module all in quoted including the wires is Euro 899 (HKD8,900).
I am still waiting for them to confirm if coding is needed.

Will keep you posted..
Why are you hesitating to get the system from BimmerNav or bimmerTech?
Appreciate 0