11-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #37
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post

The main difference I see is that the boost is constantly way above what the car is targeting. Which I think is down to the way you have tuned the WGDC PID. Is that the result of a very low 'I' value? Or is that just the logging tool not picking up the true requested load because of the overboost code?
PID's is to "control boost", not make boost, and to keep boost "on target" either reaching it slower or faster all depends on what is desired. I-Factor is a refresh rate for the P factor, and the D-Factor has its own multiplier table. You cant make changes to one table without adjusting the other or not knowing "where" to make the adjustments and by how much -/+

The logging tool is the COBB AP v3. WGDC Adder is what increases boost along with Load target. WGDC cealing is exactly that, but can be used in many ways to manipulate WGDC adder or boost

Our entire method of controlling boost is dependant on multiple tables not just PIDs whihc yes is the core

Not only does overboost "add" to the load base it helps to sustain "load" longer with a less drop rate = holding more boost up top via load without having to contribute much to the WGDC adder. So the DME is averaging out the load.

Now if you look at my partners log on his non IS car whom his pushing 15% more boost than I am but I am hold more boost up top than he is a perfect example of the avdantages of having overboost enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post
Your car shreds drive shafts because of a combination of abuse and the harsh engagement of DCT. If you had a slushbox you would have less pretty logs but less downtime getting that shaft fixed.
LOL ! I would have to disagree here. A slush box can have just as much pretty logs as a DCT can. Here is my partner's car running 23 PSI, on stock turbos, blind folded (it can only see up to 19.7 PSI max shown in flatline), world record N54 dyno car, but with proper fueling and weather - DA:

http://datazap.me/u/wedgeperformance...data=2-3-16-18

The key to all this is properly tuned PIDs. No I would never tune a customer's car like we do our own cars running blind on boost unless they are 100% aware of it and request it. We know how much boost is running blind and compensated on the fuel for it, just an FYI.

You should give us a try in tuning your car, it will be a started for you. Also our maps are "unlocked" and we will teach you how to use them based on request. Ive made it that simple, took me over a year to get them down packed.

Last edited by BQTuning; 11-16-2014 at 01:30 AM..
Appreciate 0