Thread: Noobs
View Single Post
      07-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #177
dregan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive28i

UK 2012MY sDrive28i spec

Following on from my earlier post, not sure if this should be in a new thread, but here goes;

I was looking to order a 35i with DCT until BWM UK released the 2012 Z4 sDrive28i details, the lighter/shorter twin turbo engine with 350Nm of torque, sub 6 second 0-60 time, 41mpg (fuel is £1.30 / $2.70 per litre in the UK) and £6000 list price saving against the base 35i made me think again.

My spec:

E89 Z4 sDrive28i N20 2.0i (week 36 production onwards)

Deep Sea Blue

Canberra Beige leather (not the extended version)

Connectivity Package (consists of Professional Sat Nav, Bluetooth with Telematics, Telephone USB interface, BMW assist, BMW assist online portal, DAB radio). This package is currently a free upgrade in the UK funded by BMW/increased dealer margin. You do have the option in the UK to take the cost of this option (c.£2900) and use it to fund other upgrade options instead. Not sure how long this offer will last.

Internet Option 614 - the car has it's own dedicated built-in SIM card and the option is added to the Comms/Media package at the time of order, includes a 3 year subscription as per BMW assist/online portal including the data charges, you can then renew per year. There is no retro fit option. The iDrive becomes a 'mouse', it can only be used when the car is stationary, you can add bookmarks, home page, favourites etc. Does not support flash/silverlight/java currently, the CPU and data rates will not be as fast as a PC with broadband (I think it's Edge/GPRS at best rather than 3G), it cannot display Asian character set yet.

Comfort Package (Wind deflector, folding/dimming mirrors, extended storage, park distance control, cruise control, extended lighting)

18" wheels, style 293

8-speed sport auto - this is a new option replacing the 6-speed, the shifter is now the same one as the DCT and the paddle arrangement has been revised on the steering wheel, left for downshift, right for upshift.

Adaptive Msport suspension - a great option if you have experienced standard BMW Msport suspension with run flat tyres on UK roads (I have that on my current 335i Coupe), it can be a bit harsh/wearing if you are not in the mood. The dynamic drive settings have changed on all models to Comfort, Sport and Sport+, the change in feedback through the seat, steering and throttle is amazing when you shift from Normal/Comfort to Sport (experienced on a 35i demo car).

Sports Seats with seat heating, brushed aluminum trim, through load facility with storage bag - a must for me to be able to get the roof down with a set of golf clubs in the car, BMW Business Loudspeaker system, and finally added the 5 year / 60,000 mile service package.

>>>

During the process, I also established the following which may be of interest to anyone else looking to order a 2012 spec car (UK information, so things may be different depending on where you are located);

20i & 28i Vehicle Duty drops from Band J to Band G (cheaper annual road tax in the UK), benefit in kind (BIK) rate drops from 29% to 21% (another potential tax saving for some).

DVD changer preparation option deleted. CD changer option deleted.

Auto start-stop on manual 20i & 28i cars, Kansas leather, servotronic steering, rain sensor/auto headlights, USB audio and bluetooth all now standard.

Pure White Design package deleted. Ivory White Nappa deleted. Havanna metallic deleted.

Mineral White metallic option added, you must also add the Pure Balance Design package in Cohiba Brown, there is no other interior colour option currently. However, you do appear to be able to specify the Pure Balance Design package in Cohiba Brown with other exterior colours. Anthracite wood is only available with the PBD package.

No idea on the Angel Eye lighting, will try to find out, there are no pre-production 28i cars in the UK yet.

So there you have it, hope the info helps any other potential Z4 newbie's out there !
Appreciate 0