View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
HowieZ4
Newbie!
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

Sounds good Edlogix. As is, my car has been sitting in winter storage for 5 months now so the battery is probably flat or damaged!

Learning from all your post, my best option is to jump start my car with the portable battery and drive to a dealer for a new battery if the installed one doesn't hold a charge anymore.

For my next long term storage, I'll give the battery disconnect a try and deal with the reprogramming at the dealer and hope the car doesn't go into transport mode.

I wonder if my Cobb Tuner can clear the battery disconnect code as it's capable of clearing engine codes but not sure about electrical codes.

snk, I'll check out how big the gap of the semi locked trunk and see if I'm comfortable to leave it for a few months like that. Maybe I can hook up the portable battery under the hood, disconnect the trunk battery, and see if I can engage the trunk to close fully powered only by the portable battery.

Thanks again for the great support from this Z4 forum community. I'll update this post once get back to my car in about 2 months. Cheers!

BMW Z4 35i Havana
Cobb Tune (Stg1-360hp)

Last edited by HowieZ4; 02-12-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0