jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintvilk
Thanks you guys for the help,and advice,

JPjames - you were right with the getting to that pipe since i needed to remove the fan it seems to get to it , so instead i just drained the coolant from the radiator and vacuum filled it with the 50/50 bmw blue and distilled water. ( i premixed it). i ran the bleed process to get the old coolant and new to mix since i didnt want to run the pump while there was minmal amount of coolant in the system. after the bleeding process was done i drained and repeated the process 1 more time. it seems like i was able to get most of the old coolant out and replaced it with the new one.
I did use extra coolant but i didnt want to get to that hose which seemed tight to get to.

anyway thanks for the help. and advice again
I don't think you'd run the pump dry if you ran the bleed to drain additional coolant. You'll never get all the old coolant out so there should be some to keep the pump lubricated. But better safe then sorry.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0