06-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
egtownsend
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda View Post
I paid $475 for a new 19 inch tire installed by BMW about 2 months ago. I lice in SC so the difference is price is probably regional. I can't believe that they won't replace the tire with the insurance. I thought it covered a tire problem no matter what.......which is why I bought it!
The SA asked "what insurance company" did I get when I leased the car when I dropped it off. I was surprised, thinking it was all done through BMW (the dealer where I bought the car literally said you could take it to any dealer and they could look it up with the VIN no problem). He explained that there were upwards of 25 companies BMW dealers use for the wheel insurance!

I thought it covered everything too, though I'm glad the price seems just to be a regional difference and not outrageous. He argued with the insurance company about it, but because there was no nail or puncture or other road hazard, it didn't cover the tire itself. The SA explained that the only reason the tire is wearing on the inside is because it lost pressure when the rim cracked; apparently even to a supervisor this didn't matter.

Anyway, the wheels are back on the car and I've picked it up. One thing I really like about my dealer's service center: free car wash and interior cleaning every time! My old VW used to come back from the dealer especially dusty. I had a look through the spokes and it seems like I got the "new design" rim, though I'm not positive.
Appreciate 0