08-05-2016, 09:55 AM   #71
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
All that I mentioned, and only in the first year. You're already getting $400 of amazon gift cards or United or Southwest gift cards back. Then Global Entry costs $100, which is fully reimbursed when you pay for it with the card...so there's your basic breakeven there. Then every lounge visit for their yummy food and free drinks is just gravy on top (say you eat and drink $20-$30 worth every visit....). And that's before even counting the bonus sign up points between $500-$1000 depending on the promo you sign up for. If you're interested in a referral, let me know.

Unless they offer you a sweet retention bonus for year 2 and thereafter, you likely won't breakeven after that. You can possibly get a decent retention bonus with spending...
Wait wait wait...how are you getting $400 of amazon gift cards??? I know how to get $200 in amazon gift cards (in lieu of the $200 airline credit) but how are you getting $400?!?!

EDIT: Isn't it only $400 for the first year? Since the $200 credit is per calendar year, your first year (unless you receive the card on Jan 1), you can use the $200 credit twice.
Appreciate 0