View Single Post
      12-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
ErikJ
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

BMW Live works now in my Z4

Hi there,

After 5 months going back and forward the dealer managed to get BMW Live enabled. Google Search, Weather and Streetview work.
I am however disapointed that SendtoCar can not function as the idrive had changed apperantly to a new model just after mine was build. Connected Drive Services.
Even the fact that this was advertised when the Belgium 2013 Carshow happend, with the launch of the LC-I.
So I have appereantly a Z4 LC-I with all look and feel of an LC-I but the idrive of standard E89???
I find this situation very odd (like buying an Iphone 5 with the electronics of an Iphone 4 for the first month of delivery.)
BMW Live is just pretty very weak if you can not start the experience with Send To Car...
Also ths issue seem to be country specific as we had no BMW Assist while most of our neighbour countries had?
As an examples I understood that all Z4's delivered in the Netherlands since March can be upgraded to Connected Drive Services while ours can't?
Other then the disapointing missing ability of "send to car" I am concerned that this idrive model will not be able at a certain point to benefit from newer compatible Apps, that would really be a disapontment for a tech geek like me.

I hope that an upgrade to Connected drive services will be possible one day. Does anyone heared anything like this?
Appreciate 0