08-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #69
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by siscobmw View Post
83 19 1 165 917 is the fuel additive.....that we shouldn't use.
lubrizol 6178 part number 83 29 0 434 684 ,is the additive we don't have to put on our power steering with atf oil...
83 29 0 422 194 is the zf additive for auto transmission 6 hp26 .
I can't find the grease for our hardtop , so someone could do some diy job ....
Francesco
I sort of understand the fuel additive, as the formulation varies from region to region and different parts of the world and different times of year, although a lot of fuel additives have been shown to be worthless.

The power steering additive has me puzzled - what benefit do they claim it provides?

Same question for auto transmission additive - what benefit do they claim it provides?

In the early US we had tonic and "snake oil" salesmen that traveled from town to town selling stuff to cure peoples aches and pains. Whatever it was, real or imagined, these guys had something to cure it. Always thinking of ways to separate people from their money. Car dealers are sort of like snake oil salesmen - they have all sorts of tonics for your oils and and nitrogen for your tires. Oh, and did I mention was have tar for your car's underbelly and teflon for your seats?
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Last edited by teagueAMX; 08-09-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Appreciate 0