View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #14
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
Wow that looks interesting! It seems like they made a big mistake at your dealer. Will you ask them to reprogram your iDrive system, or just start bragging you got the only Z4 with B&O?
Definitely a strange one! I did stop by on Friday. They were totally baffled where/how I got this update, because it was the shop foreman who did my recall and he says there was definitely NO software update. He did suggest however that I may have received the update OTA....which, while possible, isn't likely because the car was stored (read: off) right up until the morning I took it into the dealer for the battery recall fix.

So...I may just leave it and claim as you suggest! One thing that's pretty weird though (and has nothing to do with the premium audio discussion here) is the Spirit of Ecstasy "feature"....I thought Spirit of Ecstasy belonged to BMW's other brand....Rolls-Royce.

Mystery of the week I suppose
Dave
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0