View Single Post
      02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Eh? Not one of BMW's finest advertisements it must be said! I think something more simple and car focused like these 3 are best. But mind you, I (and we) are car and BMW enthusiasts so I suppose we would want to see more car than... bullshit.

6 Series Gran Coupe - great music (New Dawn Fades by Moby) and no misleading bullshit, just cool and powerful imagery to match a cool and powerful car.

3 Series Saloon - relevant to the London 2012 Olympics when it was on our screens in the UK and maintains the brand's (particularly 3 Series') synonymity with athleticism, balance and performance.

The range and EfficientDynamics - showing it's age now with the old 6 Series and 1 Series but it's all cars, no bullshit, and is almost a thank you to us loyal and welcomes who are new (those going to act on the adverts) - "joy has a fan club, it's contagious"

Although I am glad they ditched the whole "Joy" thing! Ultimate Driving Machine is much better slogan.

These are my opinions anyway - I just like a car advert to be a car advert, not a zombie film. Car's, BMW especially can demonstrate their other features and generate just as much, if not more interest! High Beam Assist on the F01/F02 7 Series and F30/F31 3 Series for instance - I would be pushing that like mad because it's one of those features that just makes you smile with how awesome it is.

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0