View Single Post
      07-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
Torn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfx45 View Post
Thanks for the info. I still hope it has minimal damage but I really won't know til I get an inspection.

I really do not want to bring it to the dealership to get fixed though, maybe just a BMW certified repair shop, I believe shops like those exist that isn't part of a dealership. I just have a feeling the dealership will charge at least twice as much as an independent BMW certified shop. The insurance company should have some shop suggestions too, I'll see what shops they choose for the cars repair.

Also, Torn, just curious but how long did your take to get fixed? I'd really hate for the car to spend a couple of months in the shop while I am paying for it. I'd like to drive it as much as possible.
Well I didn't take mine for repair at BMW since a fellow friend/car enthusiast owns a very reputable repair shop. He owns a 996 turbo and does all types of work on all cars, exotics and the like. I had him handle it and he did a phenomenal job. He had it for a week.

Btw it all depends on securing the body panels, parts, and oem paint in all honesty. BMW told me I would most likely be waiting at least a month for parts and maybe more for labor.

I had him repair my current body panels which took him about 40 hours work just to restore and then used filling to finish the repair between the quarter panel/bumper. He saved me a fortune and did marvelous work. I got screwed on the police report, in case you are wondering why I didn't go through insurance....

Last edited by Torn; 07-26-2012 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0