View Single Post
      04-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #38
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
I've said this before and this video illustrates what other posters have said. 99% of drivers couldn't get that performance out of that car, nor could 99% of drivers get the performance out of their performance cars. This guy drove the shit out of that car, which is a purpose built weapon. I suspect he could beat the pants off of most folks driving their performance cars if he was in a family sedan.....kind of like Sabine in the panel van on Top Gear..

Porsche does this just about better than anyone and this is why I've always held Porsche in the same place as Ferrari, there core business has always been racing and sports cars. This is why I came back to Porsche, and for a 993. I love them all but I'm an old school kind of guy. I can get my cars to perform well, but I couldn't get the thing around a track the way a proper driver could.
The first part of the video, taking those turns at those speeds and being on the throttle like that, is scary. It looks like it's playing a lot faster than the actual speeds. I have no doubt it's actually going that fast, but yeah, it gets so far beyond what most people can do that it starts to get ridiculous. This is where we'll see more automation kicking in over time, because performance is going to get to the point where humans can't "keep up".