03-17-2017, 01:15 AM   #76
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
What works in one segment, might not work in another.
The 3GT have seen plenty sucsess in EU, as have the 2 series on the UKL platform.
I'm certain that the big coupes and convertibles will be axed.
Maybe the X4 even?
It makes sense, BMW needs more EV in the line up, A Mini in 2019 and the new X3 in 2020 is not enough imo.
schhh don't talk about EV's on the BMW forums people here don't believe in global warming and still want's V8s and V12s don't break their bubble !!

But on a more serious note yes BMW needs to step up their game on the EV market if they are serious about competing in the future especially when regulations are getting tougher for each day and now even towns are forbidding diesel cars from entering they really need to switch it up a bit more.

I would love to own a M3 Hybrid with maybe 100-150 km EV range for daily commute then being able to use the rest of the power in combinations with the EV engine for when i want to have some fun.

As they say people with EV Range anxiety are often those who don't even own a EV car, and shouting from the benches EV range is to short petrol and diesel are better even when for most but not all people their daily commute is around 10-50 km back and forth to work (at least in Sweden for most part people live "close" to their work and don't travel between 2-4 hours a day to get to work and back) :-)

-

But when it comes to chopping models maybe BMW should start a so called sister company where cars like the 2er active tourer and GT car fits with a new design element they would then still be getting revenue for those cars but they would be called something else even though they are the same and the wonderful die hard BMW fans would get "THEIR" company back as it was 20 years ago

Maybe a possible future lineup, The rest moved to a sister company still BMW cars but under a new name, And everyone is happy

Appreciate 0