View Single Post
      02-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

There are a few working on their cars. But not many. Back to the end links for the rear, the damning part is the E89 rear is *almost* the same on the E46. But the stamped arm gives headaches if trying to use a stock "aftermarket" E46 end link, so you have to roll your own (as you and I both did). I suspect that's not common, which is *maybe* why people are having problems with the H&R setup on these cars and going to coil overs. I was in the zip code of ditching the M-adaptive/H&R setup on my car prior to changing the rear end links - it was that bad, but much much better after. Lots of little things are just ever-so-slightly different back there, like you can't run stock E46 limiters with the E89 trailing arms - you have to push out the rear subframe bushings (they are 4mm wider on the E89) and press in the E46 M3 ones to run the limiters. I suspect the E89 bushing is 4mm in a (poor?) attempt to do the same job the aftermarket limiters did on the E46.

Good luck with your work!

Filippo