United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Z4 sDrive35i DCT

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheong View Post
Hey Buckaroo ...

So, my understanding is that the 2013 models already support opening/closing the top while moving -- perhaps not up to 25mph anymore, but still while moving. That was one of the main reasons people installed the SmartTop, but it sounds like the other features were enough to get you to install it as well -- i.e. the one button operation from the console, and the ability to operate it while away from the car.

I've had mine installed on my 2011 model for quite a while now and find it absolutely invaluable and can't imagine the car without it. And I agree that this is the way the car should be delivered out of the factory to begin with.
Yes the One touch feature (on the internal button and the remote) is the main reason... I hated holding down the button... you can't do anything else... put the car in park or turn off the engine... or having to hold the remote button down the entire time too... now, I find a parking spot... touch the close button, proceed to park, turn off engine, and lock the car. all the while the top is finishing closing up and then rolling up the windows... saves me 30secs!

Also automatically folding and unfolding the side view mirrors when locking and unlocking the doors is a nice touch too.

Thanks to EAS for shipping it to me so quickly too!!

Last edited by BuckarooVT90; 11-06-2012 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Kudos to EAS!
Appreciate 0