04-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #16
flpnout
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
I had this similar issue on my previous 2004 330ci and it was a manual transmission. It started doing the same thing once I reached 9500 miles. It was a sporadic issue that when you come to stop at a traffic light, it would just idle down and shut off. Sometimes the idle would try to recover, but mostly fails and shuts off with engine light. Once I started it back up it was fine and would not happen for days or even weeks. I brought it to two different dealerships and both reported "no issues found" or "could not replicate issue". They even kept it for a weeks at a time. They were trying to blame me on using non-premium gas. Which is not true as I use Chevron 91 octane on all my BMWs. I decided to take to another dealership (we have many here in the bay area) and they finally stated on the closing work order that it was a software issue. At that time they claim they did not have a fix, therefore I just had to wait for Puma to come out with a software update.

After several attempts to have the issue rectified, I turned it over to my attorney with all the paper work stating I have taken it in 4 times to have the problem resolved and the paper work that stipulates "it was a software issue with no fix at the moment from Puma" worked in my favor. BMW ended up buying the car back so that it would not be considered a "lemon" once my attorney handled the matter.

Last edited by flpnout; 04-05-2010 at 11:24 PM..
Appreciate 0